|New PatientsAppointments||Printable Forms
If you have just had your first child, are new to the area, or just looking to change pediatricians, call our office to schedule a consultation visit. This appointment allows you to meet Dr. Benton and the Benton Pediatrics team. There is no charge for this “meet the friendliest pediatrician’s office in town.”
Please bring the following to your first visit:
• Recent insurance card
• Medical records (especially shot record) from your previous Primary Care Physician (PCP).
**WE SEE PATIENTS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY**
WE ARE OPEN
8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday
and Saturday from 8:30AM to Noon
*** Please call mid-morning or early afternoon to schedule a check up or other routine/non-urgent visits.***
Let us know “It’s an emergency!” and your call will be taken immediately.
Health Maintenance/Routine Visits:
We recommend “check-ups” at age 2 weeks, 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 30 months, and then annually starting at 3 years of age. Be sure to schedule these appointments at least a month in advance.
We offer evaluation and treatment plans for academic and behavior problems, including ADHD. Please bring the following information when requesting an evaluation for academic problems:
|• Results of standardized tests (e.g. FCAT)
• School grades for the current year and last year
• Results of any psycho educational testing that has been done
• Vanderbilt surveys filled out by teachers, parents, and close family members (For printable surveys click here)
We perform simple laceration repairs, wart removals and nail removals
Circumcisions are offered to male infants less than thirty days old. This can be performed in the hospital shortly after birth or in the office.
Both Dr. Benton and Elizma Mercier, PA-C perform
pelvic exams. Your preference will be honored in regards to
whom you wish to do this exam.
We are open.
We do not have staffing available to return routine phone calls on Saturdays.
Prescheduled appointments must be confirmed.
If appointments are not honored or are cancelled with insufficient notice, the treatment of ill children is unnecessarily delayed. To accommodate patients in a timely manner, it is important that appointments be kept.
Unconfirmed appointments may be cancelled:
We now have a voice mail confirmation line available for use after hours. Call the office, 352-376-4542, day or night, for instructions. Or click here to confirm your appointment.
Be sure to always update your insurance with us. If you received a new card, even if your policy has not changed, please bring it to your next visit so we can get a copy for our files.
We accept most major insurance companies including BC/BS, Health Options, Blue Options, AvMed, Cigna, and United Healthcare. Understanding your own health insurance coverage is very important. You are responsible for knowing what your coverage allows.
Payments/Co-payments are due at the time of your visit.
The forms need to filled out for each patient and given to the office at the first visit. Please visit the Patient Forms page to print the forms.
Click on form to be printed. Adobe Reader is needed. Adobe Reader is a free download. If you do not have it click button to download.
Refills of medication must be requested a minimum of one week prior to patients taking last dose of medication.
Initial ADHD Evaluation
- Please schedule 45 minutes for the initial ADHD visit. Patients must bring the following information.
- Any and all standardized testing results
- School Grades (preferably from the last 3 years)
- Results of any psycho-educational testing
- Vanderbilt ADHD Surveys (Initial) filled out by family members and teachers
- Refills must be requested a minimum of one week prior to patient taking last dose of medication
- The following paperwork is needed at the recheck appointment:
- Refills will NOT be given unless the patient’s next recheck appointment has already been scheduled
- Failure to keep scheduled appointments, whether the appointments are rescheduled or missed, may result in a lapse in dosing or discontinuation of medication refills
We are committed to obtaining referrals to specialists in a timely fashion. We rely on you, our families, and patients, to help with this process. When a need arises for an emergency referral, we drop everything until the referral is made. Urgent referrals are handled in a few days and “routine” referrals are handled within a week.
So, how can you help us with this? Several ways. First, don’t arrive for an appointment with a specialist without a referral if your insurance company requires you to get one. Second, if we don’t contact you when we say we will, let us know – we’re human and rely on you to tell us when we haven’t met our stated timeline for completion of a referral. Third, ask the specialist to send us a report communicating what was done and what the plan is.